Waratah Bay and Surrounding Attractions
Waratah Bay is located at the northern end of the bay which the town is named after, and a few minutes drive west of Sandy Point which also fronts the same bay. It is a short drive to Wilsons Promontory National Park and surrounding attractions.
Waratah Bay is the place to go for a quiet, secluded beach front holiday.
The beaches at Waratah Bay are popular with surfers and swimmers, offering great expanses of sandy coastline with the attractive backdrop of mountain peaks along Wilsons Promontory’s west coast in the distance.
To appreciate the unspoilt beauty of the area, the eastern end of Iluka Court offers good views over the town and down to the beach. Spectacular views can also be enjoyed by walking along the bush fire track which starts at the northern end of Brown Street. One of the best viewing spots is from the dam along the track, just 300 metres from the start.
Wilsons Promontory National Park
At the southernmost tip of mainland Australia, it offers spectacular scenery of huge granite mountains, open forest, rainforest, sweeping beaches and coastlines.
Great bushwalks extend from under an hour to over three days.
Cape Liptrap Coastal Park
Stretching along the coast from the sand barrier of Point Smythe to the sheltered waters of Waratah Bay, Cape Liptrap Coastal Park has strikingly beautiful scenery.
The coastal park transforms from being a peaceful coastal area to wild, windy and awe inspiring in stormy weather. Whatever the season, Cape Liptrap Coastal Park is worth exploring.
Fish Creek Pub - 15 minute drive.
Sandy Point 5 minute drive - Cafe, Bar, Fish and Chip shop and Pizza Shop
Tours and Activities
- Bushwalking - Wilsons Promontory and Cape Liptran Coastal Park are only a short drive away
- Swim, paddle and play along the sweeping coastline of Waratah Bay.
- Surfing - Enjoy the beautiful surf or have some lessons. Offshore Surf School conducts lessons in Waratah Bay. www.offshoresurfschool.com.au
- Fishing - try your hand at fishing at one of many great fishing spots
- Explore South Gippsland - Visit the nearby towns of Walkerville, Sandy Point, Fish Creek and Yanakie.
- Enjoy the Wineries and Dining Out
- Visit Corner Inlet, Shallow Inlet, Agnes Falls, Port Albert and Phillip Island
- Art and Craft Studios